It’s fall, even though the snow on the ground suggests otherwise, and so I thought I would take a minute to reflect on all the awesome stuff I did this summer. It was a great summer filled with fun activities, so I thought it would be nice to share some of the fun things that I got to do during the last few months.
- Pride Parade -On Saturday June 11th Marissa and I went to check out the 37th Edmonton Pride Parade. Lots of fun and lots of rainbows 🙂
- Esks fan day – This year the Eskimos hosted a fan day at Clarke field. They did a practice and then autograph session. I decided to take the football my dad gave me for Christmas to get signed by the team.
- Oilers sale – This was the last year the oilers played at Rexall Place and they held a sale to sell off a lot of merchandise and even items from the arena. Marissa and I decided to check it out and picked up a few discounted items.
- Ottawa trip – I got to go to our beautiful capital city for a work conference this summer. It was very hot and even though I spent the majority of the time in lectures for the conference we got to do at least some sightseeing.
- Fire Aid concert – Unfortunately, this May was extremely warm and a wildfire quickly got out of control in Fort MacMurray to devastating effect. Canadian musicians came together to put on a Fire Aid Concert with proceeds going to help the victims of the fire. The Allain’s went to listen to the music and help the cause.
- Canada Day Decos – Got my festive decorations up
- Canada Day – Got to participate in some Canada festivities. Started out with a workout at the gym and then met up with a friend at Moxie’s for lunch and then finished the night with the fireworks. Happy Birthday Canada!
- Color me Rad 5k – Another fun run with my siblings. This run was very fun and we were all very colorful by the end.
- Wimbledon – Got to cheer on fellow Canadian Milos Raonic in the Wimbledon finales this year. Even if he didn’t win he played so well during the entire tournament.
- Princess half registration – I am officially signed up for the Disney Glass Slipper Challenge for 2017! After having so much fun last time we went to Disney we decided to do it again, but this time we added the 5k run and our parents are coming as well.
- Ghostbusters – Took myself on a date to see the reboot of the Ghostbusters movie. I enjoyed it, and don’t understand why so many people are mad about it!
- Workout night with sisters – Went for a fun late night workout session with my sisters and then we went hunting Pokemon afterwards.
- Dashing Divas – The Allain’s participated in the Triple Challenge this year and this was the second of our three runs. Its great to have all my siblings running with me, but they all did the 5k and I did the 10k so I ran with my instagram friend Julie.
- Esks vs Ham – Marissa and I went to the July 23rd Football game of Esks vs Hamilton. The Eskimos ended up losing the game 31-37 but the half time show was Flo Rida who only played three songs but was so worth seeing.
- Taste of Edmonton – I have lived in Edmonton for 6 years and I still have never gone to the Taste of Edmonton festival, so this year I knew I wanted to check it out.
- Fireworks – Every year Kdays festival is held at Northlands and they have fireworks every night to finish off the day. I am fortunate to be able to see them from my place.
- Kdays – I went to check out the festival and enjoy some delicious foods and carnival sights.
- Simple Plan concert – I have loved Simple Plan since they first came out when I was in high school and went on an exchange to Quebec where they were really big. They were one of my first concerts that I went to, so I knew that I had to go see them at the Kdays concerts.
- Harry Potter release/birthday – On July 30th at midnight my Coles store celebrated the midnight release of the new Harry Potter book: Harry Potter and The Cursed Child. It also fell on Harry Potter’s birthday so I knew I had to go and participate.
- Catan night – Fun night of food, games and campfire with friends.
- Summer decos – After taking down the Canada Day decorations I put up summer/beach decorations, and I love the way it turned out.
- Mud hero – My sisters and I signed up for our first mud run/obstacle run in Red Deer this year so we took a little road trip and got muddy. It was a lot of fun and hard work! At one point my shoe was sucked off by the mud, I climbed a ski hill in the mud and had to climb over a scary net high up in the air.
- Road trip to Calgary – We had originally planned to drive to Calgary for another 5k run after we finished in Red Deer. Unfortunately there was a big rain/lightning storm and we didn’t get to run, but we had a great time exploring Calgary.
- Pokemon go safari night – My sisters and I decided to go to the Edmonton Valley Zoo for their Safari night to catch some pokemon. It was very busy and the animals were loving it. It started to downpour so we had to leave early but it was a fantastic night.
- Meteor Shower at elk island – We went to Elk Island Park to watch the Perseid Meteor Shower this year. It was a beautiful night.
- Edmonton Marathon Weekend – I participated in the Edmonton Marathon weekend again this year. On Friday we went to the expo to pick up my running package and check out all the awesome vendors (lots of free samples) On Saturday morning there was a 3km Friendship run with John Stanton throughout the downtown area. On Sunday morning it was bright and early start. My sisters and I were participating in the 10k run. It was a tough run for me, but we finished!
- Moms Birthday – We celebrated mom’s birthday with dinner out followed by cake and ice cream. She loved the perfume we bought her.
- Mom and dads anniversary – My mom and dad celebrated their anniversary this month and we went out to a nice dinner with them.